- As a donor family, you may wish to reach out to the recipient of your loved one’s corneas through a written letter or card. Below are some suggestions to guide you
- Write about your loved one and their interests and hobbies.
- Feel free to use your loved one’s first name.
- Write about how the decision to donate impacted you and your family.
- On a separate piece of paper, please include your name and the name of your loved one, so we can forward to the proper recipient.
- All correspondence is confidential. If the recipient responds, we will inform you. Recipients are grateful to hear from donor families, but some may not be prepared to respond. They may find it difficult to find the words to thank you for their precious gift.
Please mail all correspondence to:
Baton Rouge Regional Eye Bank
7777 Hennessy Blvd., Ste. 1005
Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our office at 225-766-8996 or e-mail [email protected].
Baton Rouge Crisis Intervention Center:
- Provides survivor of suicide resources, support groups and suicidology training
- (225) 924-1431
Grief Recovery Center:
- Provides individual, family and child counseling and weekly support groups
- 4939 Jamestowne Ave, Ste. 101 Baton Rouge, LA 70808 | 225-924-6621
Baton Rouge Christian Counseling Center:
- Provides individual, family and group counseling
- 763 North Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70802 | 225-387-2287
The Compassionate Friends – Baton Rouge Chapter:
- Baton Rouge Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Contact Vic at 225-200-9279 or 225-753-8116 or [email protected]
- A support group for parents or grandparents who have lost children or grandchildren.
Rainbows for all Children – Baton Rouge Chapter:
- St. George Catholic Church | 7808 St. George Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Contact Molly Rose @ 225-293-2212
- A source of support for children as they navigate through their grief