As a donor family, you may wish to reach out to the recipient of your loved one’s corneas through a written letter or card. Below are some suggestions to guide you.
Write about your loved one and their interests and hobbies.
Feel free to use your loved one’s first name.
Write about how the decision to donate impacted you and your family.
On a separate piece of paper, please include your name and the name of your loved one, so we can forward to the proper recipient.
All correspondence is confidential. If the recipient responds, we will inform you. Recipients are grateful to hear from donor families, but some may not be prepared to respond. They may find it difficult to find the words to thank you for their precious gift.
Please mail all correspondence to:
Baton Rouge Regional Eye Bank
7777 Hennessy Blvd., Ste. 1005
Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our office at 225-766-8996 or e-mail [email protected].
The Compassionate Friends – Baton Rouge Chapter:
- St. Paul Lutheran Church | 2021 Tara Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Contact [email protected] 225-939-6518
- A support group for parents or grandparents who have lost children or grandchildren.
- Meetings take place on the second Sunday of the month from 6pm to 8pm
Rainbows – Baton Rouge Chapter:
- St. George Catholic Church | 7808 St. George Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Contact Molly [email protected] 225-293-2212
- A source of support for children as they navigate through their grief